Saturday, September 16, 2006

Week Ending 16/09/06

well, my dear friends, it has been sometime since i last did this. so here goes...

8/9 --> hung out with bunch of colleagues at Cafe Iguana coz it was our (gorgeous) intern's last day. so thanks to Susan, Aldric, JJ, Terence and myself had dinner and some pretty mean magaritas, and not to mention, some pretty honest and open sharing too, which was pretty surprising since it was the first time that we are really hanging out.















(JJ - NOT the singer!!!!, Terence, me, Susan, Aldric)

9/9--> class with Megumi (Jap international artiste) in the afternoon before going for perf at QBC... think this will finally be the last time we perform "Jesus is Alright". then had dinner with Terence, Aldric n Susan at Raku @ HOlland V. boy, did we have fun, funny pics n the drinking yakult episode... classic!

10/9 --> rehearsal for QBC musical and the appointed lead for the finale (which was me btw) had some mighty big lessons on humility to learn that day and God is always good to pull us back to focus our eyes once again on Him. it has been sometime since I last bawled in public like that... but it was all worth the while. then had snack at HOlland V's Yakun with Lei, Gracie, Liyi, Kev and Caleb. so the gals were such sweeties to hear me out while the guys, very graciously, excused themselves and gave us some room.

11/9 - probably tomorrow --> mad rush to deliver a project that's due on Tuesday. Susan (the intern) left a week earlier and I had to come in to help complete the project and boy... I think I have not looked so stressed at KPMG since I started work there. I have one too many comments that I look really fierce at work during the week. but in any case it's all good...

11/9 - 16/9 --> i don't think i've danced so much since I came back to Singapore... rehearsals every night from mon-weds and then it's class + rehearsal from thurs-saturday. it's no joke having to complete work and then to dance... though i must admit that i always feel better after dancing... the endorphines help to neutralise the stress levels... i just need more SLEEP!!

11/9 --> had late dinner with Terence (colleague from work who's also a brother in Christ) at Ember (Hotel 1929) boy... the apple tart there is so awesome!! i'm gonna have to bring humans there to try... alrighties, don't fight, queue up... auntie Naomi will bring u all ok??!!.... hahaha.... I found out later the night that it was actually his birthday that day....so....

12/9 --> bought cake and we celebrated Terence's birthday in office.... then it was back to work n work n more work... had a really good lunch with Kathleen (sister-in-CHrist at work that really has a burden for revival in KPMG)

13/9 --> supposed to meet Carol (colleague from EDB) for lunch but got postponed, which gave time for me to work thru lunch... so coz of work, i don't think i had any decent lunch from this day onwards... am so totally looking forward to AFTER 19/09!!

14/09 --> nothing exciting... perhaps to say that my stress relief has been the 2 gentlemen, Wei CHuan and JJ, both are very new to the office... the former is a "no talent but at least play sports dude and needs me to show him the self-made sign "Don't Frown, Just Smile" all the time" and the latter an "accomplised violinist and lucrative violin teacher who decided to get a "real" job though the realy job is paying much less than what he's earning now".... in any case, bantering with them, whilst can be distracting at work, makes the stress level little more manageable .... laughter is pretty good medicine I must say....

15/09 --> coz Susan was flying off the next day, we all decided to meet up one last time... so despite feeling absolutely tired after dance, agreed to go to Villa Bali with Aldric, Susan and Terence... kind of like a farewell gathering. that place had great ambience... though when we moved outside, they had to bring out the mosquito coils coz the blood-suckers were out to get me... haha... it was relaxing but trifle tiring too coz I didn't get to bed till like 2.30ish...

16/09 --> totally suppose to be more productive at work since I went back on a Saturday... but the lack of sleep is getting to me and after dance, i decided i needed to make a call to get back home to sleep to be able to complete the project and to really just spend time wtih God... getting burnt out is not gonna be any good. So didn't go for fellowship, slept from 6.30pm till i got woken up by the tad too loud Korean drama serials that my parents are watching outside and am blogging now... =)

Now that my blogging is done... to sleep i must go... maybe a little P&W with the LOrd first....

nighties my friends,
Nao

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

babe!! thanks so much again for accompanying me for dinner with SK that evening even on such busy schedule, and for striking such wonderful and passionate conversation about the Lord with him, something that i myself would love to but usually don't have the "guts" to do. newayz, i'm blessed by u lar. luv ya sista!

saw your blog..yeah your busy schedule is really busy leh! but we can count on Isaiah 40 manz..."they will soar on wings like eagles" yep..that's referring to you and your dancing!! =)

Although precious one...do remember to get some good physical rest though!

cynyi

6:44 pm  
Blogger Nao said...

hei sweets... thanks! it's all in the hands of God so pray that he'll come to find the awesome love of the Father!

I am truly living by His grace... can only pray that I keep my eyes on HIm, else think will really be burnt out... =)

nao

11:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com