Monday, August 28, 2006

Dance... Dance.. and more DANCE....!!

Hello all,

quite involved in dance recently... hope u all can make for one of the performances...
2 performances with Odyssey Dance Theatre (http://www.odysseydancetheatre.com/main.htm) in Oct n Nov and a dance musical with Queenstown Baptist Church in Dec... thought would let ya know what's up...

1) Dance Improvisation ... One of my favorite forms of performances... basically, dances are kind of made-up each different time on the spot on the stage... usually either the music changes or different props are used... dancers kind of need to get used to dancing together for a while and then put on a stage to dance... it's super fun... super spontaneous....
http://www.sistic.com.sg/cms/events/index.html?content=390 (i can get discounts if u tell me earlier... =))

2) "Garden in my Heart"... Full-length work... new work by Danny (artistic director aka my choreographer from Odyssey Dance Theatre)
http://www.sistic.com.sg/cms/events/index.html?content=361

the above 2 performances are specially meaningful in that it's my first opportunity working with professional full time dancers from overseas... I am not sure what God has in plan with these opportunities but I am truly grateful... I really don't think that I am anywhere good enough to be placed on the same platform as international artists... but He gave the chance and I will enjoy the journey and the experience as much as I can...

3) "Jesus Takes the Wheel" a dance musical to raise funds for Club Rainbow by QBC...
http://www.clubrainbow.org/Web/main.aspx?ID=,ff5b5272-18ab-4937-87ca-2acf8e72b0a6
the publicity hasn't really started yet, so when there's official promo emails I will on forward again... I truly believe it will be an awesome journey to work with a group of 30-40 youths on this musical... though they may not be natural born super talented dancers... to see the effort and the heart that they have to wanna put in their 100+++% to serve the Lord through dance... it's amazing... it's already been a very rewarding experience...

Even as I am blogging, I am listening to Pastor Bill Johnson's (Bethel Church, Redding CA) sermon and he was preaching about how Jesus mentioned in Matthew 11 that God gives revelation to babes... that sometimes knowledge keeps us from knowing what we need to know... Knowledge + Humility = Power.... I truly pray that even as I gain more knowledge in dance, there'll always be a child-like heart to be fascinated by new knowledge to be learnt.

With greater dance intensity, the body is physically adjusting to the increased load... but in the name of Jesus... I am healed... truly pray that God will protect the bodies of all the dancers that I will be and am working with...

so see ya at one of the performances....

Nao

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com