Thursday, February 15, 2007

Enlargement of Tent of PRAISE

This is really a summary of my 2.5 week, mini-round-the-world trip.... =)

My heart's desire for 2007 was "More of Jesus", to know Him and to know Him more intimately. I knew that God was going to show me His manifestations and He gave me the key of PRAISE!!!

Psalms 100:4
" Enter into His gates with THANKSGIVING,
& into His courts with PRAISE,
Be thankful to Him and Bless His Name!"

The unfolding began at a Saturday service sermon at Tung Fook church (Annie's church in HKG). The pastor preached on being a true worshipper of God; a worshipper that worships in Spirit (led by the Spirit and not by worldly/fleshly ways) and in Truth (consistent both on the inside and on the outside) --> John 4:24. Little did I realise how recurring this theme of Praise and Worship will be.

Next, was an awesome time at "The Ark" near U of Berkeley, California. It was awesome to be worshipping with ppl that are obviously in love with Jesus. For the 1st time, I experienced almost 2 hrs of free form worship, no one song that was known was sung, everything was the result of the leading of the Holy Spirit... fresh off the oven... =) That was some worship!

The Worship conference at White Horse (church that I attended for the most part I was at Purdue) really solidified the LOrd's teachings. Pastor Jeff really taught on the benefits of Praise, how our praise and worship takes us into the presence of God, and allows us to have victory in Praise!
Few highlights:
--> a true worshipper is Grounded in the Word and Open to the Spirit
--> the direction of our lives is established in worship; we become what we worship
--> A surrendered heart is the start of worship
--> As we worship the Lord, we experience a revelation of GOd's nature (the thing that I fear losing is the very thing that as I worship the Lord with and He'll use it to multiply and bless)
--> Destiny and Vision is revealed in our worship of the Lord
--> there's Victory in Praise, it leads us into the throneroom of God's presence and changes our circumstances so that we are positioned to see and hear from the Lord!!

To have more of Him... The key is to keep Praising, is to keep Worshipping the living King... my trip was all that and much more.... way beyond what I could imagine or think... and God even uses the unpleasant things about the trip for GREAT good... He is so awesome...

Besides the great manifestations of the Lord, there are just so many other things to be super thankful for:

1) Sharing and praying with awesome sisters in Christ!


Annie n Lillian @ HKG;














Lisa @ SF














Bok+Val + 2 kids (Aaron n Nathan) @ ORD (we even played Settlers....awesome!! n esp for the special prayer time with Val n Nathan)

n many other believers that I got to know on the trip....

2) Catch up with long-time no see friends...

Jared @ SF (housemate when I was doing Masters in GeorgiaTech)















Folks @ Purdue Repertory Dance Co. that I danced with when I was at Purdue... it was awesome to be able to take classes when I was there!!

Folks @ WHCC

Leigh @ NYC














3) Prophetic Words n Prayers
--> folks at the Ark (Joseph, Sarah, Joy, Lisa, YinShen, Aileen)
--> Dan @ WHCC
--> Joy and John Weller @ WHCC

4) Mr. Joshua Brady Farrell a.k.a. JB
So I guess, this is my public announcement platform that I am attached.... =) yupps, after 4 over years.... this is for real... haha.















God has been guiding and leading us and we are both excited and looking forward to the unfolding of His plans and purposes for us. Was good to be able to hang out after not seeing each other for over 4 years and to meet his family members.
Well, if u r based in Singapore and or visiting around end Sep, u might just get to see him. He's planning a trip then.

SO much was packed and revealed on this trip that I don't believe I have succintly been able to capture everything... I look forward to catching with some of u and sharing more about the trip...
Have a wonderful CNY ya all!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! well...i gotta say it
CONGRATS!
hope god brings the both of u to marriage =P
will keep you in my prayers
good luck

1:26 pm  
Blogger Nao said...

thanks my dear bro!

ur prayers are very precious... and i believe GOd is preparing u to be an awesome husband too... even right now! it's a lifetime of learning and it's never early to get started... then u don't have to wait as long as I did... hahahaha...

r holidays coming up? u all must come have lunch with me again!!! hmm... or maybe u can all trot down to my place one sunday afternoon after church... miss ya all!!

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com